Survey of the Week: Do You Support the Rights of Mother Earth?
During his presentation at the UN Climate Conference in Copenhagen in December 2009, President Evo Morales of Bolivia proposed a global referendum that would tackle the root causes of climate change. If you agree with these propositions, please sign your name and circulate widely!
1. Do you agree with re-establishing harmony with nature while recognizing the rights of Mother Earth?
2. Do you agree with changing this model of over-consumption and waste that the capitalist system represents?
3. Do you agree that developed countries reduce and re-absorb their domestic greenhouse gas emissions so that the temperature does not rise more than 1 degree Celsius?
4. Do you agree with transferring all that is spent in wars to protecting the planet and allocate a budget for climate change that is bigger than what is used for defense?
5. Do you agree with a Climate Justice Tribunal to judge those who destroy Mother Earth?
This post is also available in: Spanish