For all the people who have not experience Michelle Julian’s raw chocolate workshops and learned how to make some of these delicious, raw and healthy treats, she has kindly shared one of her recipes with Chispa readers to introduce her new e-book ‘Healthy like raw’.
1 cup raw cocoa powder
½ cup date paste* (8-10 Majool dates)
1 cup raw whole hazelnuts
1 cup raw cocoa butter, grated and melted
½ cup coconut oil, melted
3 tbsp agave or very thick good quality honey
5 drops Young Living Tangerine oil (can be obtained through Michelle)
1 tsp vanilla powder
¼ tsp Himalayan salt
Goji berries, finely cut
Macademia nuts finely chopped
To make the Date Paste simply blend some Majool dates until you have a smooth paste.
How to make the Truffles
1. Put the cocoa powder and nuts in a blender and blend on high speed until the nuts are ground. Do not over process as the oil from the nuts will start to come up
2. Add the vanilla and salt and blend a few more seconds.
3. Add the date paste, agave and blend, scraping down the sides at times so that the powder is mixed in well.
4. Add the melted cocoa butter, coconut oil and Young Living tangerine oil and blend for a few more seconds.
5. Place this mixture in the fridge until it firms up
6. Roll up into balls and place back in the fridge until it has firmed up slightly. Roll in appropriate toppings or coat with chocolate for a richer truffle
Addicted to Chocolate’
WHAT TO EXPECT:
Delicious mouth watering recipes in every bite!
Every recipe is packed with raw enzyme and superfoods
The recipes do not require any special equipment to get started just a bowl, grater and a spatula, even the kids can make them!
The instructions are simple and east to follow
There are Tips with the recipes
Health Benefits of Eating Chocolate
A Superfoods Glossary
You will never eat a processed Chocolate Again!
Basic Raw Chocolate
Sesame, Ginger and Apricot Delight
Delicious downloadable e-book
This post is also available in: Spanish